Main fields of international cooperation:
- basic research in optics and laser physics, in particular, atmospheric optics and spectroscopy, optical radiation propagation in the atmosphere, study of processes determining the optical state of the atmosphere, optoelectronic systems, and technologies for environmental studies;
- study of physical and chemical processes in the atmosphere and on the Earth's surface, mechanisms of climate formation and change , including optically significant atmospheric constituents and processes determining the radiative budget and climate on the Earth;
- observations of the atmosphere, organization of systems for monitoring of atmospheric parameters, participation in global monitoring and observation projects;
- development and construction of new optical and electronic devices and systems for scientific investigations;
- software development and compilation of databases.
V.E. Zuev Institute of Atmospheric Optics takes part in international research programs and cooperates with leading scientific centers all over the world, including such countries as Great Britain, USA, France, Germany, China, Mongolia, Poland, Singapore, Taiwan, Japan, and so on.
For many years, V.E. Zuev Institute of Atmospheric Optics holds International Symposium “Atmospheric and Ocean Optics. Atmospheric Physics” , Symposium on High Resolution Molecular Spectroscopy, and International Conference Atomic and Molecular Pulsed Lasers - AMPL .
Since 1988, V.E. Zuev Institute of Atmospheric Optics publishes monthly journal Atmospheric and Oceanic Optics in Russian and English.
V.E. Zuev Institute of Atmospheric Optics has the SPIE Student Chapter established on 15 April 2005. The SPIE Chapter advisor is Dr. I.V. Ptashnik.